For those of you who don't know, my husband started taking woodworking classes at the junior college when we moved to Clovis. His first few projects included two end tables and a dresser for our room. Then he built a dresser for the girls. After that he started the boy's bunk beds but it has taken a little longer then he had planned. So, Chad finally got the boy's new bunk beds put together and the bookcase he made (on the side) stained. Here are some pictures.
Just as a side note. . . If you are buying bedding, pottery barn bedding is worth every penny. My son Joey gets chronic bloody noses and it comes out of his comforter/quilt and sham every time. It has really impressed me.
8 comments:
Wow, the multi-talented Chad scores again! So nice! This is probably a dumb question, but after factoring in time, is building your own furniture sorta cheaper, or a lot cheaper (or, not cheaper)?
P.S. I have a few projects for Chad...
Making your own furniture is significantly cheaper if you want real solid oak (or solid anything) furniture. I bought a whole pallet of oak boards about a year ago for $1200.00. We have hardly dented the amount of wood I purchased and we've built quite a few things. Chad is working on a computer desk right now. The bunk beds probably cost us about $120.00. (And they are made out of solid oak. . no more particle board put it together WalMart specials. . . Yippee).
Okay, so I added wrong. The bunk beds probably cost closer to $200.00 but it is still cheaper then the $300 pine bunk beds we bought the girls 5 years ago.
Those are incredible. I am very impressed. What a cool idea to take a class at the college. I bet Matt would do that in a heartbeat!
Very impressive. Great work, Chad!
yahoo! i'm so glad he finished! and they are so cute! i love the sheets too. joey looks so big...that kid seriously needs to stop growing!
Hey, Chad (um...I mean Dr Prior):
As soon as you can make it out to my home in FL, I could use a nice wall unit. You have done some nice work there with that Clovis wood!
Impressive! I can't believe he made all the furniture! Can we hire him! We need to practically furnish the whole house! That's neat he takes classes for fun!
Post a Comment