November 15, 2007
Something about being in your 30s
Okay Ladies, Is there just something about being in your 30s that makes your whole body change? I mean here I am in my 20s and I never have a problem loosing an unwanted 5 or 10 lbs from pregnancy, my hormones are usually in check, I like coloring my hair, fairly secure with myself, and happy with life in general. Then I turned 30 and everything has changed. Maybe I am fighting the middle age era that is approaching, but I feel at times like I am on a backlash towards adolescence. I all of a sudden want to be a professional dancer again. I can never decide whether to grow my hair out long, color it, or chop it all off and pretend to do the mature mom looking thing. I am weight lifting, working out like crazy and desperate to get back into my 5-6 college clothes (That my hips no longer like). I play mom, but totally just want to grab my husband and disappear behind closed doors every chance I get. (I think Chad's a little overwhelmed.) So what is up with me? If you have any thoughts, let me know, maybe I'm just weird. Boy, the 30's a are kindof a rush. Whooooo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You're not weird at all! I can especially relate to wanting to grab the hubby and disappear -- in ten years of marriage, we have NEVER gone on a trip without the kids and we are both dying to do so. I wonder if these feelings are exacerbated for those of us whose husbands have the super-long career paths and take a long time to get settled permanently, with a salary and roots??
Also, I think our society kind tells us (women especially) that the prime of your life is your twenties, when you have a lot of freedom to do your own thing and the time to spend a lot of time working on your appearance.
Well, I keep telling myself that the kids will grow up too fast and I'll have more time than I want to do my own thing, and I'll be wishing for grandkids. Also, there will still be a lot you can do with dance into your thirties and forties -- my sister is still busy choreographing and directing and having a blast, and she is approaching fifty (she'd kill me for saying that).
Yay, you! I love that you are so passionate about life. I think you were so tired in your 20s from babies and such that you are coming out of the fog and rediscovering the great things life has to offer. I'm jealous as I'm tired from pregnancy and feeling overwhelmed. But, just a few months ago when I didn't have a baby coming I was feeling the same thing. And, keep your hair long. When you are older you will have plenty of short hair time.
so i really have been trying to come up with something smart to resopond with on this post...but it's just not coming. i guess i just can't relate with the whole 30 thing since i am living large in my 20's!! but hey, it's given me somethings to look forward too! :)
Post a Comment