



Tonight I decided to go with a Halloween Theme for our Family Night. Jake had been wanting to decorate the house and so here is what we did. . . .
(In case you want any fun ideas)
-We started off reading the story "The Witch has an Itch" by Donna Guthrie (really cute story about an bad witch who has to change her reputation because she finds out she is allergic to evil magic)
-Then we talked a little bit about the importance of being kind, and we read the scripture from Matthew 22:36-40.
-We talked about why Jesus thought that loving God and one another was so important and what we could do to be more kind and loving towards the members of our family.
-I quoted a few things from Elder Worthlin's talk "The Great Commandment" and then I shared with them why I think loving people and being kind is so important.
-After we had chocolate pudding with cool whip and Halloween Sprinkles.
-We decorated the house, and painted these cute pumpkin and spider ornaments to hang in our trees outside.
It was a fun night. The kids got a little crazy when we started decorating. I think they were just really excited. Well, I hope the rest of you are all having a SPookTacular Evening.
(In case you want any fun ideas)
-We started off reading the story "The Witch has an Itch" by Donna Guthrie (really cute story about an bad witch who has to change her reputation because she finds out she is allergic to evil magic)
-Then we talked a little bit about the importance of being kind, and we read the scripture from Matthew 22:36-40.
-We talked about why Jesus thought that loving God and one another was so important and what we could do to be more kind and loving towards the members of our family.
-I quoted a few things from Elder Worthlin's talk "The Great Commandment" and then I shared with them why I think loving people and being kind is so important.
-After we had chocolate pudding with cool whip and Halloween Sprinkles.
-We decorated the house, and painted these cute pumpkin and spider ornaments to hang in our trees outside.
It was a fun night. The kids got a little crazy when we started decorating. I think they were just really excited. Well, I hope the rest of you are all having a SPookTacular Evening.
3 comments:
how cute is your family! cute ideas. we just decorated too, so i will have to take pictures! i love your new blog set up, very festive.i am so excited for halloween, i think it is becoming one of my favorite holidays! love it! are you dressing up!? talk to ya soon! :)
Wow! What an amazing FHE!! Very fun!
I can totally see the "Mozart" in Joey. Very cute! Sounds like a great time was had by all. We sure did miss coming over to your house to see everyone. Oh well...maybe some day.
Post a Comment