October 28, 2007

My Favorite Time of the Year

It always amazes me how quickly the final 2 1/2 months of the year go by. I really enjoy the fall/winter start of the season because there are so many fun things associated with the holidays. There are also plenty of stressful days/ nights/ weeks, . . . okay why do I like this time of the year. Oh yahhh it's FUN!!

So to keep you all up to speed on us, the Halloween fun started last Friday. Our ward at Church had it's annual Trunk or Treat. Jake and Joe were pirates, (Although Joe was commonly mistaken for being Mozart. When I get the pictures back you will see why). Becca spent her 3rd and final year as Belle in the Red Dress, and Sara for the 3rd time was Tinkerbell. Costumes are starting to get a little snug, but hey, they cost to much to replace each year, so we recycle.

Today we had our ward Primary Program, and I have to admit that I am glad we made it through. I know that things always come together and the kids are cute no matter what, but as the Primary President I still stress out. Luckily we only had a few kids not show up, and only two that refused to come up onto the stand, so improvising was kept to a minimum. I think the highlight of the day was the Nursery 3 year olds and the Sunbeams singing "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" as loud as they could with the hand actions. Kids are great.

Next week is Halloween, and hopefully I will be done with choreography for the Nutcracker. Then it blows me away that in three weeks it will be thanksgiving, and then onto Christmas 4 weeks after that. I can't believe how quickly the holidays seem to come and go.

November also marks the start of the interview process for orthopedic programs. What that means is that in the next month as we are counting our blessings and getting excited about Christmas, Chad will be getting either rejection letters or interview dates to attend. We are hoping to have 5-6 possibilities but you never know. It's such a competitive field that I will just be glad when it's all over and Chad is accepted somewhere.

We love you all and hope that you are enjoying your Holiday Season. We'll keep you posted in the upcoming blogs about Chad and where we may or may not be headed. Hang in there and keep smiling. . . .or singing songs about Bones (This one's for Jake). . . ."There are bones, bones, bones, bones, bones inside of you. Bones, bones, bones, bones, more then just a few. So many you can't count them, amazing but it's true, there are bones, bones, bones, bones, bones inside of you." Happy Halloween!