October 8, 2007

Dance! Dance! Dance!


On Saturday, in between sessions of conference, I had the opportunity to take a master class at our dance studio from a young guy named Drew Burgess. Okay lets just say when the guy can pose like he did in this picture upside down on one hand BEWARE. The class was great. He worked us hard and I had a lot of fun, but I don't think I have been pushed to stretch my muscles like that in years. I had to take Extra Strength Tylenol just to fall asleep last night and 2 more in order to get out of bed this morning. Why is it that the older we get the less our bodies voluntarily want to do. You think I ought to just get into something a little more relaxing like knitting (NOT)! I can't even cross stitch a tiny heart can you imagine me knitting, and yet my brain still seems to think I can keep up with a 19 year old that travels around the country performing with Il Circo and dancing professionally for a living. Yeah I'm messed up. I guess old dreams die hard. I still joke with my friend Brynne that we will take classes together once our kids are all in school. Who cares if we're 50 and trying to do Hip Hop, we're still cool right? Okay maybe somewhat pathetic, but life is short, you have to do something you love.

2 comments:

Jake, Cindy and Blaine said...

very cool! and i totally know how you feel! i have been doubling up on classes and been in soooo much pain. this is the first morning i haven't woken up at gone straight to the medicine cabinet...so maybe i'm making progress! my poor quads! oh well...i'm a dreamer too! thank goodness for motrin! :)

4sweetboys1princess said...

I really want to take some dance classes again, but I KNOW I am not in shape for it, and I am not sure I want to make a total fool out of myself. But I sure love it. Looks like you are having fun.