June 5, 2007

End of School Crazies

Okay, so I am not very good at staying up to date with this yet, but life has literally been crazy. Let me back up and I will fill you in. At the end of April I was out visiting teaching and feeling really good about things when I took out one of my visiting teachee's mailboxes. The mailbox, easy to replace. The van, a little more complicated. After a month of waiting to hear back from the local auto body shop, I can take the van in on June 18th. Yippee. . . .For the last two monthes I have been choreographing and teaching classes at my daughter's dance studio and elementry school. Sara's class performance was May 15th and the dance recital was last weekend. I think we had 6-10 hours of rehersal time each day last week (except for Monday and Wednesday). To add to the chaos, Chad received a call from the residency program he attended in San Antonio wanting to interview him for a second year orthopedic position. So, we spent a quick memorial day weekend in San Antonio, TX. The program at the University Hospital is looking to expand, and so although Chad is unable to accept a second year position this year, things are looking like he might have a chance at landing a second year spot next year, which would be fabulous. (It cuts residency down to 4 years instead of 5)
As for life here at Cannon AFB, things are finally starting to warm up and Chad's work load in finally starting to slow down. I think some of the higher ups are feeling bad about how overworked Chad has been, so they have randomly given him days off, and cut down his appointment schedule. Don't get me wrong, he still works 10-11 hour days but at least he's not on call 5 days out of each week. At home, Jake has been the bedtime snack for some lucky spider. After waking up with a huge welt under one leg and what looks like a swollen black eye, housing agreed to pay for someone to come out and spray. So the good news is, maybe we will have fewer insects in the house this summer. At least that's the theory right.
With summer in full swing things should slow down a bit and I can write a little more often. The girls start a summer art class at the college next week, and I'm still toying with who will take swimming lessons, and when. We have our pool pass, our garden that we planted about a month ago is already starting to yield bell peppers, and playing outside has become the activity of choice. I hope you are all enjoying yourselves. Hasta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys are just awesome! We are so excited to see you in a few weeks. Maui?! How cool is that. I am impressed you romantic love birds you :)