What should have been a lovely hike to view the blooming Saguaro cactus ended in misery because of one little thing, GNATS!!!!!
I don't think that I have ever been on a hike where bugs so completely infested us. While walking we literally had a swarm of Gnats circling and landing on us. They were in our eyes, hair, flying up our nose and landing on our clothes. Carlee had to pee and she couldn't even squat down without over 50 gnats landing on her backside every half second. I was so busy swatting them off her bum, that she couldn't go.
I think my face says it all. After a mile and a half of walking around I said, "I can't do this," grabbed Carlee who was now crying and headed back. Unfortunately I went the wrong way and ended up needing a stranger to guide me back out to the parking lot. By the time I arrived, the rest of the family had given up and come back as well.
Beautiful Blooming Saguaros, but not beautiful enough to make it worth the miserable gnats. Oh well, maybe we can find another place to view them next year.



No comments:
Post a Comment