Chad Post:
The other day, while I was at work, my phone began ringing incessantly. It said that Diana was trying to call me on FaceTime, but I thought that was strange because she never does that. Every time I went to answer, the call hung up. Finally on the third try I was able to answer in time and there was Carlee staring down at me. She had found Diana's iPad plugged into the wall, turned it on and dialed me for FaceTime all on her own.
Carlee: Hi Daddy!!!
Dad: Hi Carlee, what ya doing?
Carlee: I'm going to go to Disneyland and go on the Ariel ride....
Dad: That sounds fun (Carlee was at home, but is always making plans to go back to Disneyland)
Carlee: Don't go anywhere dad, I'll be right back, don't leave, I'll be right back, I promise...
She left, so I waited a few seconds and then decided to call Diana on her phone after I could hear Carlee trying to convince her to stop teaching Rebecca and come see me on the iPad. Before I could dial Diana's cell number, Carlee called back on FaceTime, but this time my wife was with her. After a brief conversation she was able to convince Carlee to say goodbye and let me get back to seeing my patients.
Carlee impressed the Nurse Practitioners in the room who couldn't believe that my 3 year old knew how to located the Face Time app and call me. To be honest, I didn't know she knew how to do it either, but I wasn't about to let them know that. It was an adorable moment during a rather busy, hectic day.
No comments:
Post a Comment