October 12, 2014

Fall Break 2014

I thought that Fall Break would signify a successful potty training effort, but since Carlee, after 4 days, still showed no interest in going along with my plan, we decided to do more than stay at home and play with friends.  

So. . . On Thursday we met up with the Smith Family at the zoo.  


 Thanks to Lara, we were able to feed the giraffes and feel their incredibly long/large tongues.  Kinda gross, but Carlee thought it was really funny.


The giraffe even came over to camera bomb our family/friend photo.  Awesome!!!


A few months ago a baby elephant was born at the zoo and on Thursday she made her debut.  Baby elephants are adorable.


On Saturday we took the kids and my cousin's two girls (Shannon and Natalya) on a hike up Sabino Canyon.  The kids like Sabino because there is a river they get to wade through.  Hiking is not my children's favorite thing to do, but if you add water, they will go.




I am always amazed by how beautiful the mountains in Arizona are.  The trees and rocks are stunning and I love that as you increase in elevation, everything around you changes.  My kid's may not enjoy hiking, but I love when we are able to convince them to go.


 Eventually we came to a dam and had the kids all sit along the side for a photo.  Both of the little girls had fallen and scratched their hands up and so if you look closely you can see their matching red bandages.  (Go dad!! At least he came prepared)



I made Chad take one picture with me in it so that I could prove that I was there too.  What a beautiful day! We are truly blessed to live in such a magnificent world.


No comments: