February 17, 2013

Why do I not blog????

I think that I lack the hours in the day to stay on top of things like blogging. . . or maybe I just value sleep more. . . or maybe it's the three novels I am trying to read all at once. . . pick your excuse, but life is passing me by and I have been horrible at writing about it. 

Things that make me smile:
Carlee learning to walk and toddling everywhere.  She isn't incredibly stable, but she is sure cute.  She says ut oh and dumps things on the floor or knocks them over.  (It's not an ut oh it's an on purpose my girls like to point out)
She head butts the cat as he swats his hands at her.
She says tha thu (thank you) all the time and knows how to fold her arms and say amen. 

We went to Joey's baptism preview and the bishop started explaining all the things he needed to know before he could get baptized.  I asked Joey if he knew the covenants he would be making when he was baptized.  He said no and so I explained that he would have to promise Heavenly Father that he would keep the commandments, remember Jesus, and try to be like Jesus.  Joey then said with a sigh, "I don't think I can do that."  (Good thing we have until October)

Rebecca and Sara are FINALLY starting to practice their instruments together.  Sara plays drums so it definitely makes Rebecca's life easier plus (she is playing trumpet) plus I get to listen to awesome jazz music.  (It's about time!!!) 

Jake and I read together at night.  We are on the 3rd book in the Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan.  I am really enjoying the series and I enjoy doing something with Jake.  He sure is a cute kid. 

I have 3 kids getting ready to compete in the BYU Ballroom Dance competition.  We've been taking them to the local community center that does a monthly ballroom dance night to practice.  It's is so cute to watch them dance with their partners and in group dances.  I never did ballroom, but my kids all really love it, and the people who attend get a kick out of watching them and dancing with them.  I have to admit, they are all better then I am.  Chad and I are going to have to sign up for a class soon. 

No comments: