I think it takes us a few weeks each year to resume our "Normal" routine. We tried to cut down on activities this year. We have fewer things going on in the evenings and on weekends but to look at our list of activities you may not think we achieved our goal.
So here is the breakdown:
Joey: Started Full Day Kindergarten which wears him out so he is only doing singing lessons this year every other Thursday night. We may try a sport in the winter, but it is just tooooo hot in Arizona right now for me to be a soccer mom.
Jake: Taking guitar lessons Thursday evenings, participating in the Harry Potter Club after school on Mondays and will start cub scouts in January. He would really like to do basketball again, but like I said, maybe in the winter.
Sara: Jazz band 3 days a week after school, drum/singing lessons alternating weeks, and ballroom dance class. She also has activity days every other Wednesday. Sara is probably my busiest child, but she is also the best at organizing her time.
Becca: Jazz band 3 days a week after school, piano lessons Thursday evenings, she's starting YW in 3 weeks which includes Wednesday night activities, and is working out at the gym with dad. I actually think this is awesome. It gives Rebecca time alone with dad and she gets to learn how to workout. Sports are fun, but for most of us we end up at a gym as we get older and so I think it's great that she is learning how to use the gym now. Plus she loves it.
I guess the biggest change is having our Monday nights totally free and our Wednesday nights only filled with church stuff (scouts, activity days, YW). We also have Saturdays free which is really, really nice. I know sports, and competitions, and other after school activities are fun for the kids, but I like that they are able to play with friends and be kids too. So here's to slowing down a bit. We'll see how it goes.
2 comments:
Your "slowing down" would be my mach two! Geesh, y'all are busy!
that's sounds like the priors....busy busy busy!! but i wanna ask you about this harry potter club Jake is in?!what is it? blaine would LOVE something like that...maybe i could steal ideas! we will have to start figuring out schedules next week when we start school! ahhhh
Post a Comment