February 3, 2011

If it isn't one thing, it's another

This has been one crazy week.

First, my brother Bob is in the hospital for an irregular heart beat and blood pressure issues. The next day my dad goes into the hospital. They still haven't figured out what is wrong with him, but they sent him home with meds to help keep his blood pressure down. So apparently blood pressure issues seem to be the thing with my family.

Then today:

We live in Arizona. It doesn't get cold here right? Apparently it does because we woke up to 15 degree weather this morning and no running water. Our pipes froze. In fact they also froze at the school and the main water supplier for the school so all the kids had to go home early. After picking up the kids, I learned that you could blow torch your pipes and then wrap them up so that they don't freeze. Believe it or not it works. So, water is back on and I am ready for another freezing night. It is supposed to be 18 degrees tomorrow. Cool huh! Literally.

1 comment:

Heather B said...

What the heck?! Frozen pipes? I lived there for years and years and never saw anything like that! Incredible. Talk about your extremes! I'm glad you were able to get your water back on. I hope your family are all on the mend, and that things get back to normal soon. Love you!