August 4, 2010

Jake's First Spelling Test

My kids attend a modified year round school and so on July 21st they were back in the classroom. Last Friday was Jake's first spelling test. On the way home from school I asked him how the test went. Here is what he told me. (Honest Abe may even learn a thing or two from Jake.) I thought his response was so cute that I had to share it.

Mom: Jake, how did your spelling test go?
Jake: Good. I only missed one.
Mom: Was it one of your bonus words, tadpole or life cycle?
Jake: No
Mom: Which one was it?
Jake: It was name.
Mom: Name, you know how to spell name.
Jake: Well, when we were taking the test I forgot. Name was written at the top of the paper, but I didn't want to cheat so I covered it up with my hand and ended up spelling it wrong.

3 comments:

Elena said...

That is about the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. What a cute kid.

Unknown said...

That is so sweet!

Jenn said...

He is so sweet ... how cute! Miss and love you guys!