January 15, 2010

Realization

I went to the doctor for the first time this last Wednesday and in the process of our visit they did an ultrasound. When she finished and handed me the photos I just kept staring at the image and couldn't help but think, "wow, that baby's mine."

It's a different experience having 4 kids back to back and then waiting over 4 years to have another one. Up until now the reality of this amazing experience was overshadowed by the fact that I felt lousy and was gaining weight in spite of the fact that I couldn't eat sweets or drink milk. (You'd think that if you were going to gain 8 lbs I'd at least be eating a little more then bread, apple slices and vegetables.) In the end, the process still remains a truly remarkable one.

Here's to the second trimester, which I am officially in, and the hope that I will soon start feeling like myself again.

6 comments:

Elena said...

Somehow I missed that you were preggers. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

Holly said...

Diana, That is fantastic! So happy for you guys!

~Holly

Jessica said...

Wow -- I'm so happy for you!!! I read you blog through google reader, so if you're ticker has been up for a while, I haven't seen it. What a surprise -- congratulations!

Personally, I am a huge fan of the 4-year age difference.

Unknown said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!

Jake, Cindy and Blaine said...

Hey...try a 6 year gap! ;) I'm so happy we will have cutie babies together again! Yay

Robyn Cheney said...

Congratulations!!!! We are very excited for you and having a 4 year gap is interesting but nice in some ways. Gracie still has some accidents but she is potty trained which is nice and she goes to primary, again nice. She is very good with Xander and understands when I give her restictions regarding baby brother. I think I like the 4 year better than the 2 year gap, that one was harder.
Congratulations again we will stay tuned for updates!