January 3, 2010

Christmas with Great Grandpa Clark

This last year has been a tough one for my Grandpa Clark. He lost his third wife in October while she was in the hospital undergoing treatment and has been in an assited living center ever since. Grandpa's memory has begun to deteriorate and so he can't live on his own. We don't know how much longer we have left before he begins to forget who we are, so spending time with him this Christmas was priceless.

My mom had me do a little shopping for Grandpa and so with our gift and all of my mom's we went over Christmas Eve to visit. Grandpa opened his gifts with us and loved them. The kids had fun watching him get so excited and I loved that fact that we could all be there together.

I love my Grandpa. He has been my "Go to guy" for years. He served in Bishoprics, Stake Presidencies, as a Mission President and a Temple President. My mom grew up having dinner with prophets and general authorities and so when ever I've had questions about the gospel, I called up grandpa.

My last memories of my Great Grandpa were celebrating his 90th birthday. Being together with grandpa this Christmas reminded me of that. I hope that his final years are happy ones. We love you grandpa.

No comments: