September 4, 2009

Dinner at Madera Canyon


Today we went with my sister Karen and her family, along with two other families up to Madera Canyon for dinner.


I was suprised that only 25 minutes from Sahuarita there was something this beautiful. The mountains and foothills almost make me forget that we are living in the desert. It was warm but breezy when we arrived. The kids had fun throwing rocks in the small stream and exploring a few trails, while Chad and I made dinner.


We had sloppy joes and attempted peach cobbler but as we were cooking the dessert it started to rain, and RAIN HARD. So we packed up, put out the fire, came home and finished our dessert in the oven. Fun night, we will have to try again sometime when it's not supposed to rain. Who knows maybe we will even camp. That would be fun.

2 comments:

Janae&DonovanLott said...

I bet the peach cobbler was delicious.

Steve and Rebecca said...

Are you guys in the same city as Karen?? How fun!!