September 20, 2009

Monster Mall Madness

I am falling behind on things. This week Rebecca turned 10, but last Saturday was Rebecca's Party. I wanted to scale things down but somehow Rebecca's parties always end up a little bigger then planned.

Rebecca invited 5 friends to the house for a monster themed Mall Madness birthday. (The only thing Monster, were all the Halloween decorations, but whatever.) After spraying the girl's hair with orange and glitter sprays, we left for the mall to do our own scavenger hunt.


The girls had fun running all over the place collecting items which they then had to bring back to Red Robbin for dinner. The first team back won. Rebecca's team made it back first but only because the team Sara headed up had a little girl that (According to Chad) was always trying to buy things and slowed them down.

We then ate dinner at Red Robbin. The waiter allowed all the girls to share shakes and put them each in their own goblet with whipped cream and sprinkles. They loved that.
Instead of party bags and a pinata we had the girls go to Sees and pick out a half pound of chocolates. This part took about 45 minutes as each girl wanted one of this and uhhhhhh one of these and uhhhh how many do we get again????? It was quite the process, but the Sees ladies were patient and the kids had a lot of fun choosing their own treats.
We then drove home, opened presents and had cake. I was too full to eat anything, but somehow all of the girls had room for cake. Parents arrived and the girls went home. I think from the smile on her face the party was a success. Happy Birthday Becca.

1 comment:

Steve and Rebecca said...

I can still remember holding her as a newborn!! So crazy you have a 10 year old!!