February 27, 2008

Pets

So, I made the mistake of telling my 4 year old son that when he turns 10 he could get a pet.  I set the ten year old age requirement because #1 I am hoping by then he might help with the pet.  (Wishful thinking I'm sure you are saying) and #2 Hopefully by the time Jake's ten, dad will have a real job and we can afford a cool pet.  

Now when I think pet, I am assuming he wants a cat or a dog.  I know that he loves our neighbor's dog, so I feel fairly confident that is what he is thinking.  WRONG. . . My son is also obsessed with snakes.  So he has now told anyone who will listen that when he turns 10 he is getting a nice Milk Snake.  He then proceeds to tell them what milk snakes eat (MICE) and how excited he is to get one.  Well, the good news is that maybe he will change his mind by the time he turns 10.   The bad news is, if he doesn't I may have to consider purchasing the house next door.  I HATE SNAKES!!!!  Just looking at the milk snake in the store and picturing me having to feed it cute innocent mice kills me.   AHHHHHHHHHH.  So why do people have pets?  I may need a few reminders.  

2 comments:

Jake, Cindy and Blaine said...

hahaha!!! you're gonna have a snake!! :)

Anonymous said...

Uhh...no thanks! I couldn't handle a mouse...even if it was destined to be a meal. Just ask Chad my reaction when that mouse ran out from behind the fridge toward me (where he expected me to whack it with a broom). How's about a sugar glider?! Those are COOL pets! The eat yogurt and fruit, so it would set a good example to stay on a diet! HAHA!