August 31, 2007

Children of the 80's


We put gel packs in this one with shrinkydinks and glitter inside. She also mentioned that you could dye the gel blue and make fish shrinkydinks. Cool huh.

This one was made out of a family stamp set. You put together the heads, bodies, arms, and any accessories you want. It's cute.

Holiday Greetings

Close up of the gel card and the shrinkydink buttons we added.

For the last year and a half I have been a part of a "stampin up" card making club. If you've never seen their products and you like scrapbooking or card making BEWARE!!!! It is addictive. Anyhow, last night we made shrinkydinks to accent our cards. Okay, I loved shrinkydinks when I was a kid and had no idea that #1 you could still make them and #2 You can use certain types of ink and stamp on them to make accents, buttons, etc. (All with the help of a little heat gun and some cool paper you can buy at Hobby Lobby). Needless to say I think this was my favorite card making moment. Chad even thought they were cool. So, if any of you want tips on making shrinkydinks with your kids, let me know. The funny thing was that only about half of the people there even knew what shrinkydinks were. Okay, so I guess you have to be in your 30's to know about them. Crazy huh. I guess we are finally getting older. (Not old, older).

2 comments:

4sweetboys1princess said...

I like Stampin' Up too, I love the card you made with the family set.

Always, Hannah said...

We just played a game where shrinky dinks was the answer. I love those things. Your cards are too cute for words.