I think that we all have times in our life when we sit back and realize just how amazing our children really are. I look at them and understand why God is so willing to love each one of us. They are beautiful, talented, kind, intelligent individuals. They have gained a love for music, learning, and God through dedication, hard work, and at times, great adversity. They may not be perfect, but they complete me. They bring love and light and laughter into our home and I will miss them terribly when they decide to grow up and make the world they live in better.
I guess that I am beginning to feel the reality of time as the clock tics faster than it once did, and two years just isn't enough time to spend with my oldest daughter. Knowing they will always come home is one thing, but having them with me is another. People used to say to me that one day, when they are ready to leave, you will be ready to let them go, but I don't know that I could ever be ready to say goodbye to this charmed life that I am currently living. It may not be perfect, but it is perfectly wonderful. I am eternally blessed. And I thank my Heavenly Father for each one of my blessings.
1 comment:
I am months away from becoming an outside observer of the boy that made me a mother. It has been such a charmed, beautiful ride for me and I am NOT even a little ready to let him go. I very much related to your post. Hug to you, old friend.
Post a Comment