For the first time I am doing something that I have wanted to do for years and never done.
Direct a Musical!!!
I am amazed at how my life seems to follow a pattern. My kids want to do something, and then all of a sudden I am teaching, directing, choreographing, or organizing what ever it is they were wanting to do. I love it!
This year I am directing the Musical, "Cinderella" at my kids K-8 Charter. We had auditions last week, call-backs this week, and today the announcement was made as to whom would be playing the coveted roles. My girls were desperately trying to convince me to show them the cast list early, but I refused to do so. I even had Rebecca deliver the cast list in a sealed envelope to the office, and I wrote sealed next to the seal so she wouldn't try to open it early. (I'm so mean.) In the end my girls survived the torture of having to find out what parts they had been given with everyone else, and they were both happy.
Rebecca will be playing the role of Stepmother and Sara will be the Fairy Godmother. Jake is a part of the core and so he will be the Little Boy in the town, the Footman for Cinderella, and a palace dancer. We have two casts and the girls were assigned roles in opposite casts, so it will be fun to see how they do. I am excited to get going on the staging and choreography. We have a lot of talent at this cute little school. What a blessing it is to be doing something you love with the people you love most.
No comments:
Post a Comment