I love Easter.
I asked Jake what Easter was all about. He said, "It's about Christ and the Resurrection."
I then asked him if he felt like some of the other Easter traditions took away from what Easter was really about. He said, "No, because on Easter we go to church and celebrate as a family and we talk about Jesus."
It made me feel good that in addition to all of the fun Easter Activities, the kids still understood why it was we celebrated.
Here the kids are painting eggs the night before Easter.
Our Bishop decided to make Fast Sunday, Easter Sunday. My kids weren't to excited about that, so they fasted Saturday afternoon and evening so that they could have chocolate for breakfast on Easter morning. I think fasting on Saturday ended up being even more of a challenge, but I am really impressed that they were all willing to do it.
Carlee's Treats!
I love these cute kiddos.
No comments:
Post a Comment