October 7, 2012

May/ June Re-cap



I am behind on my posts, but in the past few months we have had a few birthdays, summer trips, a new house that has been built and that we've moved into, the start of a new school year, and fun activities that I have failed to document.  The main reason that I have failed to blog anything is because well. . . "Life has been crazy busy!"  We will see how many pictures I can download and then I will briefly fill in the gaps.

End of the year stuff:

 Jake and his guitar teacher are playing at the talent show

 Sara on drums

  Rebecca is playing her trumpet here and then keyboard in Jazz band later. 

Joey was promoted to 1st grade. 
They don't call it a graduation, but they sing some songs to the parents and the kids are awarded a promotion certificate.  Then we eat treats that all the parents brought in.  The entire thing took about 20 minutes.  My kind of ceremony.  

 Sara's Birthday:
 Sara wanted cupcakes for her birthday, so we went to the local cupcake store and bought a few of her favorites.  I have to admit, I really wasn't sad about buying her treat. 


Sara wanted a Nintendo DSi for her birthday.  We told her that if she used all of her allowance, the money we were planning to spend on her presents and the money grandma wanted to spend, then she would have enough.  She was super excited.  After we opened gifts, we went to the gaslight theater with some of her friends.  If you ever come to Tucson it is definitely worth visiting.

Disneyland Trip with the Robinsons and the Billings:

I am really sad that I didn't think to take pictures while on this trip to Disney.  We decided to caravan to CA with my sister and some good friends of ours (the Billings).  While in CA we celebrated my dad's 60th Birthday and went to Disneyland.  We had a lot of fun walking through the park with friends.  My friend Amy had planned their trip so well that even in the early summer months they didn't wait more then 30 minutes to go on a ride.  She is definitely the fast pass queen.  We are already planning to do it again next year.  Disney is so much more fun with friends.

Josh's Birthday:
We ended up in the hospital with Carlee on what would have been Josh's 2nd Birthday, so when we got out we spent some time remembering him.

We made a cake and let the kids blow out the candles.  

We went to visit Josh's graveside and sang "I am a child of God."  I can't wait to one day hold him in my arms again and sing to him.  Knowing he will always be our baby helps us get through tough days when we just wish he was here with us.  

No comments: