January 29, 2012

Jake's Baptism Day



Turning 8 is pretty special. This past week has been all about Jake. He had a party, started cub scouts, and to end the week family came into town to participate in Jake's baptism. This was by far the best part of the week for me. To watch your little boy go from playing DSi games to picking up his scriptures and by himself read the chapters the Bishop wanted him to is such a neat experience.



Jake was sharing his special day with his friend Grace. Our families took turns saying prayers, giving talks, and performing the ordinances of baptism and confirmation. I asked Jake how he felt after his baptism and he said, "I felt really good." I hope that he will always remember the spirit that was present. These are two very special kids. We are so proud of you Jake.



Some family and friends




Both Sets of Grandparents and Great Grandma Brown

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He looks so grown up! Congratulations Jake!

Keiko said...

Congratulations, Jake! What a wonderful moment!