Tennis Lessons: Who knew???

I asked Jake which sport he wanted to play this year. His response to me was that he already had too many soccer trophies, he didn't want to play basketball again, and he really wasn't interested in football or baseball. The one sport he wanted to play was golf, but we missed sign-ups for the summer program and the local golf course doesn't offer lessons for kids during the school year. My last two suggestions were tennis and karate; Lucky for me, Jake chose tennis. I say lucky because it is a lot less expensive than karate and it's only once a week on Saturday mornings. The added bonus was that Jake and Joey could play tennis together. So far both boys love it, and I love not having to drive all over Tucson for games.

Here's Joe hitting backhand. Look at that straight shot.

Jake really likes to hit volleys.
Joey's last year of Preschool:Preschool in Tucson and Sahuarita is really pricey and so a few ladies from church discussed the idea of doing a preschool co-op. My friend Debbie Heath had given me a website that has a great preschool curriculum and so I agreed to go ahead and try the co-op idea with this program. The website for any of you that are interested is mothergoosetime.com.
I have to say, I am really impressed with the Mother goose time curriculum. The kids really enjoy what they are learning, and each month comes equipped with everything you need for each child. (including books, music, curriculum, art projects, etc.)

With 6 kids in the program, we decided to each take two, three-week blocks. I just finished my first three-week block talking about Elephants. I don't teach again until March.

I love this age. I am really glad to have Joey at home with me for one more year. I can't believe my baby is growing up. He will turn 5 in October.
2 comments:
I can't believe how much all of your kids are growing and changing--no fair! I really hope you enjoy home preschool; I did it with both Spencer and Adam when they were those ages, and it was (generally) a good experience. ;) Take care, and give everyone love from us!
Oh how neat!! What a great idea and looks like the kids are having a blast!! Your kids are getting so big ... geeish ... how long ago did you move away from here??? Is Rebecca driving now? LoL. Okay, so I wrote you an email tonight ... long and "doesn't matter" stories...your nameplate is still SAFE with me. No, it is not lost in the mail and No, I didn't want you to feel bad and wonder about it. I have it and will get it in the mail. Like I said, long story for another day. Love and miss you, Chad and the kids!
Post a Comment