I know, I know, where have I been the last month. . . . Well, here is the breakdown.
Since I last blogged:
Jake finished soccer and graduated from Pre-K
Sara had her 8th birthday and was baptized.
We had our end of the year dance recital.
Both sets of Grandparents came to visit us.
I was released as Primary President and spent the last 2 Sundays in our ward at Relief Society. (Which felt very strange after 3 years of Primary)
We packed our whole house,
Cleaned the yard and carpets to our house.
Loaded up a moving truck.
Drove to Arizona
Unloaded the moving truck into storage
Came to CA to live with Grandma and Grandpa, while we are homeless.
We've gone back and forth about 500 times with our realtor and lender (Chad's dad, who unfortunatly has to deal with our stress and the VA loan process)
And. . . . we are still waiting and praying that we will finally be able to close before the 19th (Or we will be charged $100 a day for each day that we don't close)
My stress level has reached an all time high. The part that I struggle with the most is that by the time we are finally able to move in, Chad will be back at work, and all the things that I needed him to do and help me with may not ever happen. So tell me, Why did I want to buy a house. I keep trying to tell myself that it will be worth it, but right now, I just want a home.
The good news is that CA is beautiful and we've had a chance to go to the beach and Chad and I have been able to go running or walking together ever day. Cool huh. I've decided that there must be a really great reason why we are moving to AZ because I don't think that we have ever been met with this much opposition before.
As soon as I get a computer and my connector cables again, I will post pictures, but until then that is what we've been up to.
4 comments:
Diana, I know how hard it is right now, having just been homeless for over two months myself. Home ownership will totally be worth it and as for the projects... Matt's got a huge "honey-do list" and works on it on a 1-a-day schedule. Definitely slow going, but hey, it's going! Good luck!
Boy, do we miss you! Hang in there, and know that you are in our prayers. Take care, and keep the faith.
The house WILL be worth it. I know so many people who had issues with closing and it's quite common. Good luck!
I'm glad you're adding pictures later -- you cannot post about a baptism and then not put up pictures of the big day.
Man, we sure do miss you all A LOT...things just are not the same on the street without you guys. Daphne misses the boys like crazy and asks us every night at dinner about you all. I know things will work out for you ... just hang in there and stay positive. Things will come together....
Post a Comment