January 19, 2008

Back to Life!!!

Okay, so I have laid off the blogs for about a month now, but I decided that it was about time to get back to bloggin. Chad got Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii, so as my children rock out in the background I will attempt to fill you in on our craziness.

So have you ever had weeks/months that seem so overwhelming that you just want to disappear and hope the universe survives without you? Well that is where we have been. For Christmas we left on the 22nd and drove from Clovis, NM to SLC, UT to go visit Chad's family. We had a blast playing with cousins, sledding, and just enjoying one another's company. The Thursday after Christmas we piled back into the van and drove down to So. California for my brother Rich's wedding. He was married down in San Diego and had his reception by my parent's home in the Foothill Ranch/Rancho Santa Margarita area. We stayed through the weekend, and Monday at 3am piled back into the van and drove the 1020miles back to Clovis.

We managed to get home, unpack and then tell our kids that on Friday we would need to leave again to go down to San Antonio for Dad's interview. At this point the girls rebelled and begged to stay at home. I managed to find a babysitter who was willing to watch the kids overnight and Chad and I set out on the longest date we've had since our trip to Hawaii last year. We drove 8 hours down to San Antonio, went to a dinner for the applicants and their spouses, and played with friends that night. Then Chad was up for his interview at 7:30am at the University Hospital. Things seemed to go well, but now we just wait until we know for sure if he's got the job.

So, while Chad's busy getting grilled by physicians and residents, I decided to go running and check out the local housing market. I was somewhat discouraged with what I found. Everything that was for sale close to where Chad would be working, was more then we could afford and most places were in desperate need of care. So, I began to look a little further away and fell in love with a housing complex just past Loop 1604 kinda between 6 Flags and Sea World. (For those of you familiar with that area) We decided that we couldn't loose by putting down some money, so we did. If things don't work out, we can pull out and still get our money back, but the incentives to buy were just to good.

So, we get back home and discover that even potentially buying a home is a lot of work, especially when you are building and have to decide on colors, upgrades, get loan approval, etc... (And all within a two week time frame) The stress kicked in when I realized that I only had 4 weeks to get two dances ready to perform, primary stuff was piling up, basketball season was starting, (just to add to dance 3x a week and piano 2x a week, plus activity days) , Jake's birthday was only 2 weeks away, and our savings account wasn't anywhere near ready to buy a house this spring.

Needless to say, I haven't been able to focus on a lot of recreational things lately. I need a vacation, Oh ya. . . .I just had one, and I'm still trying to recover. Maybe I just need chocolate. Well, I hope you guys have a great day, and don't worry, now that things are at least routine again, I should be able to blog a little bit better. See ya.

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

I hope it is okay that I am blog stalking you from the Babcocks site but I was wondering how you were! Sounds like life has you by the horns! hehehe! I am a little jealous that you may be headed back to S.A. Good luck!
Rebecca Cook

Rebecca said...

I hope it is okay that I am blog stalking you from the Babcocks site but I was wondering how you were! Sounds like life has you by the horns! hehehe! I am a little jealous that you may be headed back to S.A. Good luck!
Rebecca Cook

4sweetboys1princess said...

I know exactly where that is since I used to work at Six Flags every summer. Hope you get to live there! I loved building our house, and we must have put a million miles on our van checking up on the builders every weekend. I know it is stressful, but it will be worth it.

Elena said...

How exciting! I hope you get the job and build a house you will love for years. I know where you are talking about, too. Nice.

Jake, Cindy and Blaine said...

yay!! welcome back to blogging! man you have a crazy life, but some how you always seem to make it through! hope you guys can settle back into reality. we will call you on jake's birthday! can you believe these little guys are 4?! CRAZY!!! love you lots and i will call you soon!

Steve and Rebecca said...

You have the busiest life!! So, you guys are moving to San Antonio for sure??? That's great!

Rachel Gillie said...

I hope Chad got the job in San Antonio, although I must admit that I would love to have you guys living here! But, I'll have to settle for seeing you on your visits!

Rachel Gillie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.