December 3, 2007

The Nutcracker at Bella Vista Arts Academy





Okay, so I am now returning to the land of the living now that the Nutcracker is over. Talk about drama. It's always interesting to go from being mildly involved in a school production to being there everyday and helping out with multiple numbers, and yet to still know that your opinion only slightly matters.

The day before the production, two numbers that I had choreographed got modified. The boy dancing in them had been injured and then I guess had a temper tantrum when they discussed the possibility of him not being able to perform. So in a rather hasty moment they cut the kid from the show completely. I spent the night pleading with the principal and dance director not to cut him when he had worked so hard for 9 weeks, but they didn't end up changing their mind.

On a happier note. Sara was one of the children in the party scene and looked absolutely darling. I was so proud of her. I attached some photos of her as well. She has really been working hard in her dance classes, and it showed.


Rebecca wasn't able to be in the Nutcracker. Her class is scheduled for the Spring Opera, so I will have to keep you posted on that in the future.


On a different note altogether, Chad has an interview in San Antonio Jan 4-5th for a spot as a resident in their Orthopedic Surgery program. We are really excited. Hope you are all enjoying the holidays.

7 comments:

Jake, Cindy and Blaine said...

what a doll...sara looks so cute! and i totally know what it's like to get sucked into productions-our stake is putting on Savior of the World (and it is SOOOO awesome) but when we signed up we thought it would just be a couple hours on saturdays and ever couple thursdays...i have not seen my husband for 2 weeks!!! he has been at practice EVERY night (except sunday of course) and on saturday, they were there for over 11 hours. i didn't know that this play would make me a single mom! production starts this thursday so it's crunch time, but well worth it...and in 2 weeks i will get to see him again! can't wait! :) so needless to say, i know how you feel! love you

Jake, Cindy and Blaine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elena said...

So adorable. I'm glad that it's over for your sake, but it looks like you did a great job. Sara is darling. Good luck on the San Antonio job.

Mike and Kelly said...

That's a pretty cool school to be putting on an Opera and a ballet. None of that fancy stuff here. Way to be involved too. Sarah does look pretty cute by the way.

Jessica said...

Good luck to Chad! And how awesome would San Antonio be for you, City Girl!

Sara looks awesome!

Camille said...

Your kids are so cute! Matt & I love checking up on you guys to see how you're doing. We can't wait to see all the Browns at the end of this month for Richie's wedding!

Jamie Smith said...

Wow, I didn't know you choreographed shows too along with everything else! Your amazing! Sara does look adorable! Do you teach dance lessons?

So that's esciting that Chad is coming to interview here. Would y'all be moving here if he gets the residency? That would be neat!